tortoisebzr-developers team mailing list archive

Introduction

Hi.

I am new to bzr but not to vcs.  I've been experimenting with bzr for a few
weeks, trying it out, mostly on the command line, and I like it. Without
taking anything away from the fine efforts of the QBzr or bzr-gtk folks, I
think that the TortoiseSVN team has hit upon some good things (and maybe
some things that can be done better too) which can make bzr more accessible
to all of us who use WIndows, whether by choice or otherwise.  I'm not sure
how much code I'll be able to contribute.  But I'm looking forward to
helping out with usability testing and docs where I can.

Mark Hammond has already posed a question, as if he read my mind.
Paraphrasing: Should the TortoiseBZR menu present options which depend on
the contents of the directory [or depending on the currently selected
file(s)]?  This is something which I would very much like to see, and it's
something that the TortoiseSVN folks don't get quite right (yet) in my
opinion.  The TortoiseXYZ menu is after all a *context* menu.  So it makes
sense to me that it would present only applicable options.  This might be a
big help to people trying to learn/migrate to bzr.

With Best Regards,
Carlos

Follow ups