tortoisebzr-developers team mailing list archive

[RFC] qbzr GUI dialogs: smarter --ui-mode?

I'd like to ask users of Bazaar GUI based on QBzr, especially users of Tortoise Bzr and Bazaar Explorer.

Currently we have --ui-mode flag for most of q-dialogs to prevent auto-closing the dialog when operation has finished. The main intent was to provide a chance to user see an error message if any, and maybe re-launch the action with other options.

Last few days I'm using and dogfooding bzr-explorer for my work. I found --ui-mode for some action is very boring in the case when operation has finished successfully. For example: qcommit stays on the screen after it has committed my changes successfully. That's boring. If there are no errors then I'd like to have it closed automatically when operation finished. Unfortunately our --ui-mode flag prevents this.

So my intent is to slightly change the behavior of --ui-mode and auto-close the dialogs on success.

But this change will effectively breaks old behavior and I don't like to break backward compatibility without a note. So I think the best way for me is to provide a configurable knob to change the behavior of --ui-mode.

Have you any opinion on the existing behavior? Does it important for you to see the success result on the screen and close the dialogs manually (with Esc or Alt+F4)?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/qbzr/+bug/772259

Alexander
--
All the dude wanted was his rug back