toshiba-r500-r600 team mailing list archive

hello everyone

Hi Everyone,

Nice to meet you all in this Toshiba R500/600 Linux group. Mine is a Toshiba Portege R500, a very old one, which was bought five years ago. I installed Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy on the laptop. The initial issue is screen resolution problem which I finally meant to solve by digging into Ubuntu community. It seems that the new Ubuntu versions can't support old computer very well as the screen resolution issue not happened in Ubuntu 6.10 on the same laptop.

Currently I am doing some spare work on the laptop about Qt, OpenGL and Maemo Hildon(I have a Nokia N810). I have small experience in Linux programming although several years of C/C++ working experience. I am always interested and willing to contribute to open source community.

Anyway, I am very pleased to meet all of you here and willing to do my best to the group. Thanks.

regards,
qichao