transmissionbt team mailing list archive

transmision-daemon Xenial upgrade breakage, 2.92-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 to 2.92-1ubuntu1~16.104.2

It looks like there is something wrong with the upgrade handling of the
most recent Xenial version of the package.

The problem comes from the home folder being improperly set to
/home/debian-tranmssision (contrary to the changelog?) and the files in the
old home /var/lib/transmission-daemon/info being aimed at
/var/lib/transmission-daemon/.config/transmission-daemon by default now.

I was able to bring my system back online by running a usermod to move the
home directory back to the desired location, then moving saved session data
to the new location.

# systemctl stop transmission-daemon
# usermod -h /var/lib/transmission-daemon debian-transmission
# mv /var/lib/transmission-daemon/info/*
/var/lib/transmission-daemon/.config/transmission-daemon/
# systemctl start transmission-daemon

-lrenaud