txamqp-dev team mailing list archive

Re: hello and some patches

Terry Jones wrote:
Hi Dave

Hi there, I'm looking to do some work on txAMQP

Great!

is this project still active?

Yes, very much so.

Is the trunk the right place to start?

Yes I think so. The recent work has been in
https://code.launchpad.net/~esteve/txamqp/thrift-one-queue-per-connection
but those changes are Thrift specific (in contrib/thrift/protocol.py)
so they wont be relevant to you unless you're using the Thrift part
of txAMQP.

Anyway, I have a branch here with a few commits:

lp:~dave-krondo/txamqp/patches

1. Added a .bzrignore file to skip over the build and egg-info dirs.

2. Added an errback to the simple producer/consumer examples so if
something goes wrong it tells you instead of just sitting there. :)

3. Some pyflakes cleanup.

That's really great, I hope you'll get into it.

Esteve Fernandez is the person who can respond to all this most
definitively.  He's in the middle of a move back to Spain from Mexico,
though, so he probably wont be able to reply for several days.

Cool, I'll keep on then!

Terry