txamqp-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Detecting failed connection setup

Hi Dave,

sorry for the slow response, it's been almost two weeks and we didn't
reply, shame on us.

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Dave Peticolas <dave@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello, I've done some work on txamqp towards correctly detecting
> failed connection setup. For example, the simple consumer and publisher
> examples will both hang indefinitely if the connection is closed by the
> server before authentication starts.
>
> My approach is to add a failure mode to the TwistedEvent class in
> txamqp.client. I also re-worked TwistedEvent so that the waiters do
> not share deferreds.

Cool. Thanks a lot for your patches! Would you mind if I break your
branch into separate patches so I can merge each change separately? It
would help us to track who did what.

BTW, your Twisted-poetry tutorial is awesome. It'd be great it became
part of the official documentation :-)

Thanks and sorry again for the delay.