txaws-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~radix/txaws/parameter-enrichment into lp:txaws

Oh, and to address your comments explicitly:

[1] fixed (name.split('.',1)[0], actually)
[2] fixed

[3] I've made [] the default default for List, but I'm not sure if 'default' should be forwarded from the item to the list. After investigating it for a while, the original behavior of default= on a list item (i.e. numbered parameter) seems broken... Given a schema of Unicode("foo.n", optional=True, default=u"foo"), after extracting an empty dict the value of arguments.foo == Arguments({}).

This is a little bit concerning given that we have code that assumes it works (or at least, specifies defaults). Given that the existing behavior is weird, I don't think it's worth putting any effort into it; everyone should specify lists as List(..., optional=True, default=[...]) from now on. Does this seem reasonable?

[4] Wow, that's a seriously dumb one. Fixed.
[5] The reason we don't convert it to a list is in this part of the code we don't know that it's meant to be interpreted as a list. Plus, it's just meant to be an internal data structure used during parsing and formatting, and never exposed to users. (however, it was accidentally being exposed to users as the 'rest' return value from extract(), which I've fixed).

Thanks!
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~radix/txaws/parameter-enrichment/+merge/103592
Your team txAWS Technical List is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~radix/txaws/parameter-enrichment into lp:txaws.