txawsteam team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~oubiwann/txaws/413738-method-name-cleanup into lp:txaws

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 02:06 +0000, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Robert
> Collins<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Uhm, I'm not sure :)
> >
> > The only remaining thing was import sorting. I don't think you replied
> > to my reply on that.
>
> Hrm, well I don't know what you're sorting one... can you explain it?

the module name, and the item.

from foo import bar
from gam import alpha, beta
from gam.quux import zulu

is well sorted.

Why does sorting matter? It reduces merge conflicts - a lot. Because
when people add the same import they'll do so at the same line, and
different imports will be spread out rather than all at the bottom.

-Rob

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~oubiwann/txaws/413738-method-name-cleanup/+merge/10245
Your team txAWS Team is subscribed to branch lp:txaws.