u+1 team mailing list archive

Focused ISO Testing on Thursday's

Greetings everyone -- the QA team is continuing it's focus on quality
this cycle. With that in mind, from now until the end of the cycle we're
going to take each Thursday until release and run the latest iso on our
machines; reporting the results via the iso tracker. Additionally, once
we run thru the installation tests, we'll be undertaking the manual
application tests to test our default software stack for ubuntu across
our machines. Now, if Thursday isn't a good day for you, take a day a
week that does work for you and sync the daily iso and test. Please,
please be sure and report your results to the iso tracker. If you test
without reporting, the bugs have no potential of being fixed :-( If you
find a critical bug, it doesn't hurt to also alert folks via IRC /
launchpad / mailing list. I know some of you have already been testing;
thanks for your efforts!

Perhaps some of you haven't done iso testing before. Never fear! The
process is documented here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/ISO/Procedures

As part of the process you will be looking for bugs while testing. If
you find one, you should check this list first to see if it has already
been reported.

http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/qa/qa-open-bugs.html#

If not, go ahead and utilize ubuntu-bug to file the bug as usual.

The second part of the testing can occur after your successful iso
testing is completed. You will need to follow the process documented
here to run the checkbox manual application tests:

http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/RunningCheckboxTestCases

In short;

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nskaggs/checkbox-app-testing
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install checkbox-app-testing
Open the dash and type 'Application Testing' and press enter to launch.

The QA team is available to help out in the #ubuntu-testing on freenode.
Plenty of opportunities to get help if you need it so don't be afraid to
try doing the testing. Please feel free to contact me directly if you
have any issues with running the tests. Also, remember you can always
improve the tests, wiki instructions, etc -- nothing is ever perfect. If
you see something amiss, let me know and I can help fix it. Thanks, and
happy testing to everyone!

Nicholas