u+1 team mailing list archive

Re: Fwd: Proposal to drop Ubuntu alternate CDs for 12.10

In my opinion, it is better to wait a cycle, until ubiquity is fully
ready.

We must accept that ubiquity is not the most stable, and I personally
use alternate every time since it is far more reliable. There is an
unspoken assurance that it will not fail me, or to put it better, there
is a suspicion that ubiquity may trouble me. I may not be blatantly
wrong to assume I am the only one who feels so. Until this is fixed, I
vote against the idea.

Give the community time to respond, lets gauge the reaction, make
ubiquity better, and then move ahead. Hurrying this won't help, IMHO.

--
J Phani Mahesh,
A concerned Ubuntero.