u+1 team mailing list archive

Re: Proposal to drop Ubuntu alternate CDs for 12.10

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Paul Smith <pdereksmith@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My main issue with removing the alternate install is the ability to do a
> command-line install, which similar to our servers provides an extra degree
> of security and the ability to do the following as troubleshooting steps
> without a gui:

The livecd today is failing to even "Install Lubuntu"  I assume it's some
new changes that have broken.
And every time I file a bug against Ubiquity, I get instructed that it's my
virtual machine that's causing the crashes.   I don't know why the
graphical installer is so complicated that it breaks daily.  But IMHO we're
doing something seriously wrong with Ubiquity.

+1 debian installer