u1db-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: Required data field

On Sun, Dec 25, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Rodney Dawes <dobey.pwns@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-12-02 at 22:14 +0800, Ben Lau wrote:
>
> > So u1db will keep the meta info like last modified time / last sync
> > time of the record ?
>

> I don't think we are storing timestamps for the documents, or for when
> they were synced, currently.

I am reading :

http://people.canonical.com/~aquarius/u1db-docs/conflicts.html#conflicts

I am confused with how the u1db's conflict detection works?

For example, a document is synced between machine A and B. Then machine A
modify the record, sync with machine B again. How the machine B knows the
record is just updated in machine A? If it is not determined by timestamp ,
then it just know revision...? or other mechanism?