ubible-dev team mailing list archive

Mailing List

Well, first things first.
Jesus Christ. He is the one, and we need his help and guidance all along the way to make this program what it needs to be.
Jesus is the Lord!!

and now for the less important stuff..
I am trying to understand what parts of libaccounts-glib we are going to need to use for integrating the sharing function.
http://developer.ubuntu.com/api/ubuntu-12.10/c/accounts/
Any insight would be invaluable.

For playing the Audio, we need to follow something like what xulsword has in place. So I am also working on that. The main things I am thinking right now are using a compressed file (ZIP, or tar, or whatever) to hold the audio in a directory hierarchy /audio/OSISBookName/###.ogg (I think ogg would be the best because it is free of proprietary restrictions, and seems to have a better compression rate, and I like freedom software), however mp3 is ubiquitous. The hard part will be dividing librivox files into the correct files (not hard... just time consuming). There is a KJV here http://firefighters.org/kjv/bible/index.cfm that can be downloaded as a ZIP file, and contains mp3 files of each verse. The file names would be simple to fix with Thunar, as well as renaming directories, removing the m3u playlists, etc... So, if anyone is so inclined or knows someone who wouldn't mind working on the librivox recordings we can get multiple versions in place... (this may end up being something I do as you guys are much more well versed in programming than I, though I am becoming more familiar with this whole QML/C++/Javascript/OSIS/HTML..did I forget any? setup)

I will continue working on the Audio part, getting the visual aspects of a progress bar and time, as well as working out the whole playlist thing. my testing branch has working audio, but the UI is ugly and basic. I have the audio in 2 places. I have a tab, and the speaker icon. I suppose, it will be best to have something like the settings or notes dialog popup when the speaker is hit, and display the Version name, book name, verse number, playlist, progress, time, play, pause and stop buttons. It may be nice if we could sync the playlist progression in U1, so a user could resume at home on their computer, though this is far down the list of important/useful features.

So, enough rambling... I am going to work more on this tonight to see how far I can get in the audio department.
Any help integrating the text and audio progress would be much appreciated!
Peace in Jesus to you!

--
Regards