ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

Re: UbiquitySlideshow specification Wiki page shock and horror

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Dylan McCall<dylanmccall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, it isn't done yet by any means, but I've pushed the first bit of
> this and split the screenshots stuff to another branch. I'm feeling more
> optimistic about the simplifying all of a sudden, but it will need to
> happen quite quickly now :)
> code.launchpad.net/~ubiquity-slideshow/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/html

The packaging was quite good, but I've cleaned it up a bit, bringing
it in line with Debian policy in a few places.  Dylan, can you take a
look and make sure you're okay with the changes?

Ideally we would depend on libjs-scriptaculous, but as that package is
nearly 500K bigger than the local copy (due to documentation included
in the former), I can see why you went this route.  Hopefully the
archive admins will agree.

I would like to upload this to the archive today, if possible.  After
uploading it, we have to wait for it to get NEW'ed into universe, then
file a Main Inclusion Request, then wait for that to be processed,
then change the seeds to include it on the live CD.  As that's quite
time consuming, the sooner we start that, the better.

I'd like to release this as version "2", if that's okay.  This is an
Ubuntu native package, so I don't think there's any need for the
Debian version bit (-0).