ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

Re: Mockups

On Sat, 2009-08-01 at 00:18 +0200, Mads Rosendahl wrote:
> Hi again
> I've created a few more mockups (attached) and just for testing I've
> made a html example of the Firefox slide (also attached).
>

> Best regards
>
> //Mads Rosendahl (MadsRH)
> http://anotherubuntu.blogspot.com
> http://www.behance.net/madsrh123

I see you changed the help icon to something more consistent with the
others. This (new) one is considerably easier to implement. Yay!

Are the arrows your own work, or pulled from somewhere in particular?
The reason I'm asking is because I need to be better with keeping track
of licenses, so may as well do it 100% by giving credit _wherever_
possible :)

Where did that nifty icon for Help come from?

I have something really preliminary up here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubiquity-slideshow/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/madsrh-layout
I have implemented your background picture, bullet points and (sort of)
a bottom right aligned icon. However, it needs some fiddling to get
proper text wrapping with that icon.

The icons themselves still need to be re-done to match your style.
How are you doing the nice reflections on those icons? I set up a script
to compile the svgs into pngs (which I swore never to use because I keep
changing them!), so maybe that could do something nifty to generate them
automatically.
Should probably hold back a bit on making /all/ the icons if they will
need to be done manually, since it could make sense to shrink these or
move them around a bit.

Many, many thanks. Again!

Dylan McCall