ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

Thank you for you help with ubiquity-slideshow!

Well, Karmic is all grown up and made it into the real world, with our
slideshow happily displayed in its yet more fantastic installer :)
I, for one, am very pleased with it!

So I am writing this to thank you all for your help. You all know what
you did, so I won't do the Oscar speech unless you want me to.
(*Shudder*). Each of you has contributed to this in a big way, both by
contributing to the thought process and by kicking me when I needed
kicking. It may have gone through about 4 different revisions, but I
think each one has been helped by the last, so even the stuff that isn't
seen in the end is still very much there in spirit.

There has been lots of praise for this, which has been really rewarding.
I should have been collecting bookmarks, but at any rate most reviews I
have read for 9.10 have mentioned the slideshow. It isn't a centrepiece,
of course (and I hope it never is - that would be a bad sign for the
rest of the desktop), but I think it's worth smiling about. I hope
everyone who contributed will smile, too; this honestly wouldn't have
happened without you, even if I am a bit of a control freak.

So have a nice day. I look forward to working with you in the future!