ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

Re: Design Tweaks

Hi Guys,

I was recently looking at the design of the slideshow and I thought it
could use a few tweaks or 'a new lick of paint' :-)

I tried to make it slightly 'lighter' and more clean. Below is a
screenshot of my tweaks, and a screenshot fo the current slideshow for
reference (all this work can be found at the branch
https://code.launchpad.net/~rugby471/+junk/design-tweaks)

http://i47.tinypic.com/5efjhv.jpg - New
http://i47.tinypic.com/wrcih.jpg   - Reference

== Details ==
I updated the bullet points with the arrows form the Humanity Icon theme

I added some more padding on the left, and made the space for the text
smaller

I changed the colour and size of the bullet point text

I changed the background to be a brighter grey gradient, as I felt the
line of the previous background broke up the slide where it was not needed

I changed the style of the 'special' text at the bottom and the title

I achieved a gradient on the title using webkit's css gradients (at the
moment, this requires the title to be wrote twice in the html
[<span>title</span>]*2, however with some javascript I am sure we can
insert this dynamically)

I removed the blur effect from the reflection but also I am now
achieving the reflection using Webkit's Css reflections. It means we can
ship the SVGs instead of the processed PNGs and the Gimp reflection
script is no longer neccessary.

I have improved some of the images in the other slides (see the branch
to see this) and added some guidelines in the README file
====

Please reply with your comments/suggestions :-)

--
Andrew