ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

Ubiquity Slideshow schedules, etc.

Hi everybody!

I'm hoping we can make this project a little more structured, timely
and simple for Natty.

First of all, it would be helpful to have a clear idea who is
maintaining each slideshow in the ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu source
package. So, if you know the person responsible for a particular part
of ubiquity-slideshow (Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Lubuntu?), please make it
known! Ideally, it would be great to know what is happening for Natty
so I can nag the people responsible.

I have taken to tagging bugs that come in with the specific slideshows
they involve ("kubuntu," "xubuntu," etc). Sorry about the initial
noise from the bug tracker. I never really asked about it, so is that
helpful at all?

I want to freeze every single string in the project by Documentation
String Freeze on April 7th so translators can happily work up to the
Non-Language Pack Translation Deadline on April 14. (And maybe the
Language Pack Deadline a week later, if all goes well…). Strictly
visual stuff can wait until April 14 if necessary, but I would prefer
to get it in at the same time as string freeze so the il8n stuff gets
a good look.

Finally, I'm at UDS all week. If there is anyone else there with
feedback about this project — if you have done anything with it and
think anything about its current / future direction — I would love to
talk with you.

Thank you!

Dylan