ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

Contemplating switch to en_GB for base locale in Ubuntu slideshow

Hi!

I have been (way too quietly) wiggling some strings for the Ubuntu
slideshow and I'm thinking about changing something there. Right now,
we don't ship with the various en_* locales because it would waste
space on the CD. So, it's all in US English, consistent with the usual
protocol for translations. (Unlocalised is US English).

However, Ubuntu's unlocalised content on the web is written with all
the U's and S's intact (en_GB). Therefore, I am contemplating a switch
in that direction. Any thoughts either way?

Dylan