ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

lp:~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/bug-862867-browser-screenshot into lp:ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu

Dylan McCall has proposed merging lp:~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/bug-862867-browser-screenshot into lp:ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu.

Requested reviews:
  Ubiquity Slideshow (ubiquity-slideshow)
Related bugs:
  Bug #862867 in Ubiquity Slideshow: "Screenshot for Web slide in Ubuntu slideshow is focused on English text"
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/+bug/862867

For more details, see:
https://code.launchpad.net/~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/bug-862867-browser-screenshot/+merge/78539

Pweeeeease?

This is for bug #862867. Just replacing the Ubuntu slideshow's Firefox screenshot with a different one. In short, I think a Wikipedia article just has too much emphasis on writing, and in retrospect it was quite perverse that I picked an article about the Rosetta stone for a screenshot that would end up showing the wrong (living) language for so many users. One.laptop.org has a very visual design language; it's colourful; it isn't directly related to what we're talking about here, which I hope will create a more open-ended kind of vibe (exploration! discovery! adventure!); and that project, of course, is a beautiful example of free software trying to make a difference.

Okay, there's all my pretentiousness for today :)
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/bug-862867-browser-screenshot/+merge/78539
Your team Ubiquity Slideshow is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~dylanmccall/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/bug-862867-browser-screenshot into lp:ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu.

Follow ups