ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~aaronhoneycutt/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/kubuntu-jammy into lp:ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu

Aaron, I've provided a patch which fixes a bunch of things. Here is the in-mail I sent just in case you missed it :)

Hi Aaron:

I worked on the branch today but I'm about done. Sorry, I don't have the time to figure out how to get this posted in Bazaar. Instead, here is a patch that I hope you can use: https://michaelmikowski.com/2022-02-23-kubuntu-slide-overlay.tgz

You can just drop the this tarball in your directory (kubunutu-jammy) and tar xvzf 2022-02-23-kubuntu-slide-overlay.tgz to get all the changes:

1. The CSS I gave you wasn't good. Instead, I moved the embedded <head> sections (which are invalid HTML) to the base.css file.
2. I cleaned up the base.css file. Just spaces and comments.
3. Converted *all* images to SVG. I also normalized all SVGs to same-sized 128x128 px and used the KDE icon preparation guide. There were at least a few that were undersized like DigiKam and Minuet.  Those are fixed now to present the same size as others.
4. Updated links in the HTML as needed and removed inline style with CSS fix (td img selector).
5. Swapped the Spectacle icon for the ksnapshot.svg we were using previously (it is similar but subtly different, and more yellow than violet).
6. Fixed the table sizing so they no longer exceed the presentation height. Before I did this, there were scrollbars for the nominal height of the presentation window when previewing in Chrome. They're gone now.

I enjoyed working with you today to make this (hopefully) substantially more polished and compelling for new Kunbuntu users.

Sincerely, Mike

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~aaronhoneycutt/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/kubuntu-jammy/+merge/416000
Your team Ubiquity Slideshow is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~aaronhoneycutt/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/kubuntu-jammy into lp:ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu.