ubuntu-389-directory-server team mailing list archive

Re: [Pkg-fedora-ds-maintainers] GIT, pushing new 389ds packages to the launchpad PPA (for oneiric)

Hi Timo.

disclaimer: I only use Lucid, so what I say may not apply to other ubuntu
releases.

> you mean there would be bugs with openldap < 2.4.26?
while building latest 389ds I had an error for a missing ldif.h file (in
libldap-2.4.21)

This file is contained i a path Rich sent to openldap, and has been applied in
a further release: from here it seems to be provided by 2.4.26
http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4_26
but I can't exclude that ubuntu merged everything in the  2.4.25ubuntu (in
that case that's fine).

> has built against openldap since October last year (1.2.7-0.2.a2). Did
I successfully rebuilt from scratch libldap downloading the latest 2.4.26 and
everything built fine and running. I didn't ever try the 2.4.25 - but if
you're sure it builds then it's ok to stay @2.4.25.

Let me know + Peace,
R.
--
Roberto Polli
Project Manager

CONFIDENZIALE: Questo messaggio ed i suoi allegati sono di carattere
confidenziale per i destinatari in indirizzo.
E' vietato l'inoltro non autorizzato a destinatari diversi da quelli indicati
nel messaggio originale.
Se ricevuto per errore, l'uso del contenuto e' proibito; si prega di
comunicarlo al mittente e cancellarlo immediatamente.