Re: Web editor

On 8 March 2012 22:25, Janos Gyerik <janos.gyerik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in this too!

Welcome, Janos!

> I pushed a few tweaks to
> lp:~janos-gyerik/ubuntu-accomplishments-system/accomplishments-web-editor
>
> In that branch I propose the following changes:
> - move the hardcoded path from editor/views.py to settings.py
> - use os.environ['HOME'] to get home instead of '/home/something'
> - use a sqlite3 file in the django project dir, not somewhere outside
> - do not include settings.py in the repo, include a sample instead
>
> As a result the project now works not only in Linux, and you don't
> need the sed commands and mkdir ~/source, instead you need: cp
> settings.py.sample settings.py

Awesome, Janos! Thanks for your speedy contribution...I just merged
that in and updated the wiki page. :-)

> Is there an IRC channel where the project members hang out?

There is no dedicated channel andI recommend we use this mailing list
for much of the discussion, although I am in #ubuntu-community-team
all day every day too. :-)

Thanks so much for your contributions, and am delighted to have you on
board, and the interest from David and Juan too. I look forward to
seeing your efforts. :-)

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon