Re: Unit Tests

On 08/18/2012 02:05 PM, Jono Bacon wrote:
This is mainly for Matt.

I noticed that we still have two unit tests that are being skipped -
what would be involved in fixing these, Matt?

Thanks!

     Jono

Those two tests are destructive to the user's environment, they are set_daemon_session_start, which modifies the users .desktop file and set_block_ubuntuone_notification_bubbles(), which modifies the users's syncdaemon.conf file. Neither test is actually written, just placeholders that do a return only. We could modify the code to allow us to specify a different location for each file like we did with the environment variable, that's the only solution. Alternatively, we could just delete the tests.

There are other non-covered pieces that will be challenging to do mainly the online publish/unpublish code. The remaining items marked with XXX - NEEDS UNIT TEST are doable I think.