Ubuntu Advertising: Announcements 12/3

Ubuntu Advertising

Announcements 12/3

Hello Everyone,

We have some BIG news for all of you! This should put a smile on your face!
We have four major announcements to make. Our next meeting will contain the
fine details, but here are the main points;

1. We contacted Mark Shuttleworth, and this is what he said;

In terms of official support - of course, if your work is punchy and
on-message, we can publish it on official Ubuntu sites and encourage folks
to use it widely. We could arrange all sorts of publicity for it - for
example, an Ubuntu community member who does a lot of work with digital
cinema said he could get a short, excellent Ubuntu "ad" screened before
movies if it was not too much of an ad (i.e. if it promoted open content and
also reminded viewers to switch off their cellphones ;-)).

2.  We found a studio in the UK that will offer their facilities for our
use!

3. The Ubuntu UK Podcast team has agreed to look at our project and possibly
share a short little blurb for the next show. Here’s what we sent to them:

The newly-founded Ubuntu Advertising team is working to produce video and
graphical adverts for Ubuntu targeted to a non-technical public. People
experienced with video and audio editors, photography, Blender, and related
tools are encouraged to join the team or learn more at ubuntuadverts.org.

4. Our website <http://ubuntuadverts.org/> is up and running with some
really nice features! It should be go-to place for team members to get
information or see what’s going on. Be sure to check it out:
http://ubuntuadverts.org

Some new features include:

   -

      On-site IRC <http://ubuntuadverts.org/meetings> (so you can attend
      meetings from the site itself),
      -

      A “Recent” section on the side of every page (this will list upcoming
      meetings and announcements),
      -

      A “Get Involved” page <http://ubuntuadverts.org/get-involved> to
      better inform people of what is needed, and
      -

      Many improvements throughout.

Therefore, how things went will have to change! We want you to be aware that
this is getting serious. To make our efforts work, we need to combine our
powers. Planning is key, there is a lot of work to be done. We’ll be looking
at a world-wide audience, and we have to plan (and promote) accordingly.

We have several product ideas and each has their own work-flow. We need
animators, photographers, actors (voice and live-action) and musicians. We
will be many people’s first contact with Ubuntu and the world of F/OSS, so
it is important that we do it right, we do it well and most importantly,
together we Rock this World!

Thank you,

from the Project Leaders;

Danté Ashton (DanteAshton)