Adverts ...

Hi there ....

I asked a friend who's still a Windows man to take a look at our scripts
Wiki.  He came up with the following rather caustic note:

"It seems to me that nobody has really got a handle on Ubuntu: perhaps
starting with a definition might help.

I rather like this from http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu

"Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity to others'. It also
means 'I am what I am because of who we all are'. The Ubuntu operating
system brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the world of computers."

and this from http://faq-guru.blogspot.com/2007/11/ubuntu-faq.html

"What does "Ubuntu" mean?

Ubuntu is an African word, which has been described as "too beautiful to
translate into English". The essence of Ubuntu is that "a person is a
person through other people". It describes humanity as
"being-with-others" and prescribes what "being-with-others" should be
all about. Ubuntu emphasises sharing, consensus, and togetherness. It's
a perfect concept for Free Software and open source."

"It's the inter-humanity-connectivity, stupid!," as Bill Clinton might
have said.  It's difficult not be be caught up in cliches: a close up on
a smiling face, then a zoom out to show lots of happy people; a shot of
the world map with lines connecting every country; etcetera, etcetera."

Maybe he has a point?

Regards,		Barry Drake.

--
What do you see when you use your Computer? Same old thing?
...There IS a Better Way!  Ubuntu!

Follow ups