[Fwd: Ubuntu .....]

Thought this might be of interest.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Barry Drake <b.drake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: enquiries <enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ubuntu .....
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 18:41:05 +0000

For a few weeks now, I've been working as a volunteer with the Canonical
advertising team looking at ways in which we can heighten perception and
knowledge of Ubuntu.

I've been involved in research in upgrading people from Windows to
Ubuntu.  At present, one of the things we lack is a good reliable
supplier who is willing to offer PC's pre-loaded with Ubuntu.  It would
be wonderful if you would consider a fairly low end and a medium high
end PC pre-loaded and tested with Ubuntu.

I am still delighted with my new box which you supplied to my spec just
over a month ago.  It was supplied as requested with no OS, and I am
running Ubuntu 10.04 currently.  I can confirm that my spec is a perfect
platform for this OS.  My machine was supplied against Order Reference
361181.

I have just been looking at the UK Linux Emporium.  Their lowest range
desktop has a price getting on towards twice the price you charged me,
and it has a far lower specification.  Currently, this is the only
supplier I know of in the UK for Linux machines.

You will be concerned about support.  Firstly, you could sell a package
that Canonical would provide giving FULL software support.  That would
be available to you at a cost via Canonical.  Secondly, the volunteer
support available both to you and to your customer is fantastic!

I would personally give time as a volunteer to help you get through the
Ubuntu learning curve quickly and easily.  I could even come up to your
works and offer some demonstrations and onsite staff training - again at
no cost, though expenses would be nice.

Please give this your consideration and let me know how you feel about
the opportunity.

Kind regards,		Barry Drake.

Follow ups