New research project ....

Hi there ....  Last week, I was given a preview of an advertising
campaign that has been prepared by a professional agency for the United
Reformed Church.  In some ways the approach has similarities to what we
are doing and I am sure we can learn from it.  As part of research, it
is clear that many people, both 'outsiders' and 'insiders' have been
questioned, and some church folk are far from comfortable with the
resulting campaign!  One relevant outcome is the inaccessible 'church'
jargon.  Non-Ubuntu folk can certainly see that in our stuff!

The agency has produced an excellent two minute video targeted at
'insiders'.  I think we could do something similar.

For this reason, I would like to see research carried out by our
volunteer team along the following lines:

Research project outline

You need one or more willing volunteers from among friends.  Volunteers
need to be 'Ubuntu Virgins'.  They are computer literate, but have no
experience at al of any flavour of Linux.  Give them a Maverick 10.10
LiveCD and ask them to run it and familiarise themselves with Ubuntu.
After a week to ten days, arrange to interview them and make out a
report.

We need around one hundred volunteers minimum to be able to produce a
really meaningful combined report.

Regards,		Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/

Follow ups