Re: Amended 'Simple Guide' - first draft ....

On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 18:27 +0100, Barry Drake wrote:
> Hi there ....  I have re-written Cassidy James 'Simple Guide' for Natty.
> It is on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAdverts/Research at the bottom
> under the heading Resources'.  It is for the Unity desktop.  I will need
> to do another version for the Classic (gnome) desktop as older video
> hardware defaults to gnome when it can't run 3D.
>
> Please feel free to comment.
Hi Barry,

Looks like a very good start.  :)   Thanks for tackling this,  its going
to help alot!

One area I think needs more elaboration on is the fact that System menus
have merged under the on/off indicator, and other locations.    Doing
screen shots of what that should look like, and how to access and set
preferences, as well as administer your machine (printers, networking,
etc.) are things that most folks need to do, and making it easy to find
where to adjust the settings ( wireless setup,  default printer
selection, etc. ) might be useful and reduce fustration.

I spotted 1 typo "app[lication",  so probably a spell check pass makes
sense.  I'm bad for spotting theses sorts of things in general, since
the way I read things auto fills in what it should be, rather than what
is actually there.  :)

Kate