ubuntu-africa team mailing list archive

Re: Monthly meeting.

Hi,

as you may have noticed I missed out, I was travelling in business.

Even so I might as well tell you that not much seem to be happening in Zimbabwe. We have had some discussion following your email and last month meeting but we are too few and far between. Also there seem to be a general feeling not to focus on *buntu but rather on Linux as such - and even that considered a difficult case.

There is no simple way to buy preinstalled computers here (whatever distribution), we are a small community in a shrinking economy and an undeniable fact is that Windows7 is "good enough" for most average users. From what I have seen of Windows10 it is also quite impressive and that is what users will get on their future computers from resellers.

Btw there is no official LoCo in Zimbabwe, according to one of the "founders" the "requirements to become official are crazy". So we are just some enthusiastic users that now mainly focus on our own various businesses.

Let's keep in touch though but from what I see don't expect much activity here.

Kind regards,
Sinclair