From: Michael Hall <mhall119@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 8:23 PM
Subject: Community Council Call for Nominations
To: community-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ubuntu-community-team <
ubuntu-community-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ubuntu-news-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Community Council <community-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All 7 elected Community Council member terms expire in November of this
year. We are going to have an election to restaff in a few weeks where
all Ubuntu Members will be eligible to vote.

We will announce the details of the election soon. What we want from you
now is nominations!

If you know somebody in the Ubuntu community, who

 * has been an Ubuntu member for a while
 * is dedicated to the project
 * is well-respected and known for balanced views and good leadership
 * has a good overview over various aspects of the project
 * is organized and has some organization talent

(or you know that this all applies to you), please send an email to the
Community Council (community-council at lists.ubuntu.com) with the
subject “[CC Nomination]” by Friday, October 16th. If you are nominating
someone else, please confirm that the person is willing to stand for
election and make note of this in the nomination email.

= FAQ =

== What is the Community Council? ==

Taken from the ubuntu.com governance page[1]: The social structures and
community processes of Ubuntu are supervised by the Ubuntu Community
Council.

The Community Council and the Technical Board are the two major
governing bodies of the Ubuntu project.

== What are the responsibilities of the Community Council? ==

The Community Council is responsible for any changes to documents like
the Code of Conduct[2], are the highest level of arbitration for
community disputes, making sure the other boards within the project are
properly staffed and running and doing what it can to make sure the
Ubuntu community in general is healthy and communication is effective
between teams and organizations.

== What is the time commitment? ==

The Community Council has two meetings per month[3] which members are
expected to make as often as they can. We also have internal check-in
meetings via Google Hangout two times per month to check in on our todo
list and discuss general community health. Much of our work is done on
the mailing list which may have 5-20 threads per month that require
input from council members. Frequently work items come from these
threads, whether it be review and improvement of community documents,
dispute resolution or review and restaffing of the other boards within
the project. It’s hard to put a number on time, it really depends on the
threads (some require more discussion and input than others, some months
are busier) and your own workflow.

Please feel free to email the Community Council (community-council at
lists.ubuntu.com) or reach out to any of the current sitting members[4]
if you have any questions about the Community Council or this process.

Thanks everyone,

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/governance
[2] http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/conduct
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda
[4] https://launchpad.net/~communitycouncil/+members

--
Michael Hall (on behalf of the Community Council)
mhall119@xxxxxxxxxx