ubuntu-africa team mailing list archive

The Internet needs Africa..

Hey!

Let me start by sharing this tweet →
https://twitter.com/bortzmeyer/status/646330964407394309

This is a project that focus on Internet Quality Measurements all around
the World!

You can find more detailed information about the projects in the tweet, but
let me resume it for the lazy ones :)

The project is based on clients (Probes) and servers (Anchors) that collect
data about your internet quality and use it for statistics..

You can apply for a probe for FREE, it's a little router that you should
connect it to your Internet source..

The goal is to have the probe connected 24/7 to internet so it can figure
out the Internet uptime & bandwidth and many other data..

If you have a unlimited Internet contract (like ADSL, SDSL, OF, anything
that runs 24/7) please ask for a probe and help having more information
about Internet in Africa..

Here is a link to the probe I host on my home ADSL →
https://atlas.ripe.net/probes/15883/

You can see the kind of information the probe can collect..

If you have questions you're welcome to join that twitter discussion :)

Regards,
*El Achèche ANIS*
*An Ubuntu-tn Member & Events Team Coordinator*
*Official Ubuntu Member  **|** Member @CLibre.tn | SysAdmin @ApptivIT*

*elacheche@xxxxxxxxxx <elacheche@xxxxxxxxxx> | # whoami
<http://wiki.ubuntu.com/elacheche>*
*"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy*