ubuntu-africa team mailing list archive

Re: Please read and share. Blog post for last meeting.

*Sorry I'm posting this again. The last mail was not sent to the mailing
list but to @Kerasen.*

On 1 February 2016 at 10:54, Miles <msdomdonner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nice blog Tosin
> Now just to get everyone to spread the word
> best regards
> Miles

@Miles,

Thank you.

Following your comment on IRC, I have corrected the point about the
community not being officially recognized in the article.

Also, I think we should discourage top-posting in here, so that new members
learn to follow proper mailing list etiquettes.

On 2 February 2016 at 08:42, Kerasen Naidoo <kerasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Tosin,
>
> Great blog. Just a suggestion though, I would suggest editing it such that
> it is neutral to all groups of users when speaking about new
> users/individuals joining. I know its a very minor issue but some people
> get pretty peeved about not being politically correct and some users may
> take it personally and feel excluded or will not join for that very reason.
>
> Eg.  So if a user comes in late, that's the first thing he'd be expected
> to do.
>
> Suggestion: I would change "he'd be" to maybe "they would be" (I am not an
> English expert so not sure if that is correct but it sounds more neutral in
> my opinion and all genders will feel welcome)
>
> This is only a suggestion just to avoid excluding any specific group of
> users. (I reiterate I am not an English language expert/professor so if you
> find the correct terminology then feel free to use that)
>
> Other than the above I would not mind sharing your blog on social media.
>
> Thanks.

@Kerasen,

Thank you for pointing that out. Your correction has been taken and I have
acted accordingly.

Thank you (in advance if you haven't) for sharing the post.

Follow ups