ubuntu-africa team mailing list archive

Fwd: Re: We now have a presence on Mattermost

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: We now have a presence on Mattermost
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 20:29:50 +0100
From: Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ubuntu-community-team <ubuntu-community-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey everyone,

On 5 February 2016 at 10:51, Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Since Jorge created an evil non-free Slack instance I felt compelled
to set-up a unicorn filled Mattermost instance. ;)

Just kidding, we're doing this to evaluate all the options, and we
wanted to make sure the FLOSS ones we covered as well as the hipster
Web 3.0 proprietary ones.

https://mattermost.popey.com/ubuntu/

Invite link (so anyone can join):-
https://mattermost.popey.com/signup_user_complete/?id=1qpn9houn7r4mc5xc6ho9wt7se

This is running on a small digital ocean droplet and isn't intended to
be permanent (hence the use of my personal domain name). No guarantees
of availability etc. It's not a central communication tool for the
Ubuntu community, but just a test / playground.

Feel free to join and test it out.

It's been nearly a month since anyone logged in to or spoke on this
mattermost instance. Is there anything else we need to do with or
learn from it, or shall I shut it down?

Do we feel we 'need' a mattermost instance?

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://ubuntu.com/