ubuntu-africa team mailing list archive

2016 Linux Foundation Training Scholarship Program

Hey!

"The Linux Foundation is committed to bringing more local and international
talent into the open source community, which involves reaching people who
have traditionally been underrepresented in open source. Our goal is to
increase access to Linux and open source training, expand diversity in
technology and create a clear pathway to the most in-demand and lucrative
jobs in the IT industry.

For the sixth year in a row, The Linux Foundation is hosting The Linux
Foundation Training (LiFT) Scholarship Program to provide opportunities to
up-and-coming developers and sysadmins who show promise for helping shape
the future of Linux and open source software but do not otherwise have the
ability to attend training courses.

This years program will award training scholarships to 14 individuals in
seven categories who want to contribute to the advancement of Linux and
open source software and help influence their future. Applicants can be
based anywhere in the world as long as they demonstrate a passion for these
technologies and a proven interest in becoming an open source professional.

The Linux Foundation Training Scholarships will cover the expenses for one
class to be chosen by each recipient from the Scholarship Track choices,
representing thousands of dollars in value (travel expenses for in-person
classes are not included). Winners in all categories may also elect to take
a Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator or Linux Foundation
Certified Engineer exam at no cost following the completion of their
training course. Scholarships are supported by Linux Foundation members who
place a high value on helping to train the developers and IT professionals
of the future."

For more details please check the link →
https://training.linuxfoundation.org/free-linux-training/linux-training-scholarship-program

Regards,
*El Achèche ANIS*
*An Ubuntu-tn Member & Events Team Coordinator*
*Official Ubuntu Member  **|** Member @CLibre.tn | SysAdmin @ApptivIT*

*elacheche@xxxxxxxxxx <elacheche@xxxxxxxxxx> | # whoami
<http://wiki.ubuntu.com/elacheche>*
*"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy*