From: C de-Avillez <hggdh2@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:07 PM
Subject: IRC Council call for nominations 2017
To: Ubuntu IRC issues discussion list <ubuntu-irc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
irc-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Community Council <
community-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ubuntu News <
ubuntu-news-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

The current IRC council has two members whose two year terms are
ending. This means it is now election season. The expiring council
members are:

  * Elky (Melissa Draper)
  * Flannel (Neal Bussett)

Details about the IRC Council and its charter may be viewed here
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcCouncil. Council members serve a two
year term, and may stand for multiple terms.

As explained on the wiki page the election process is as follows:

* An open call for nominations should be announced in the IRC
  Community, and people can nominate themselves for a seat on the
  council. Any Ubuntu member is welcome to apply.
* To apply for a seat the candidate must create a Wiki page outlining
  their work in the community, and inviting others to provide
  testimonials.
* When the application deadline has passed, the IRC Council will review
  the applications and provide feedback on the candidates for the
  Community Council to review.
* The Community Council will identify a shortlist for the board and
  circulate the list publicly for feedback from the community.
* The shortlist identified by the Community Council will be voted upon
  by team members as described at CommunityCouncil/Delegation. Members
  of the Ubuntu IRC Members Team are eligible to vote.
* The Community Council will then finalize the appointment of IRC
  Council members.

PLEASE NOTE: once started, the voting pool (collected from the Ubuntu
IRC Members Team list) will not be changed. So... please make sure you
are a member of the team. The only exception to this will be current
members that hide emails -- these should contact one of us for
inclusion. If you do *not* receive the poll email, then please let us
know[1].

As you may have guessed, this is our call for nominations. Please feel
free to nominate yourself or someone else, but remember to talk to
whomever you intend to nominate first.

All Ubuntu members are welcome to apply. If you're not a member but
believe you meet the criteria to be one, then visit
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Membership/NewMember and learn how to apply.
IRC contributions are highly regarded in the selection for IRC Council
members, but are not essential.

To nominate yourself, create a wiki page for yourself and announce it
and your candidacy on the IRC team mailing list. Nominations will be
open to 28 March, 2017, when a full list of applicants will be
forwarded to the Community Council for review. If there are more
qualified applicants than positions, a vote will be announced to take
place at the end of February.

On behalf of your IRC council,

elky
Flannel