ubuntu-africa team mailing list archive

Re: [ubuntu-za] Heard the news: end of unity

The update below just appeared on the ubuntu-africa list.

On 14/04/2017 12:15, ANIS El Achèche wrote:
Hello folks,

As you already know, Canonical stopped the development of Unity8 as a future Ubuntu default Desktop, Ubuntu is joining the other 3 most popular desktop distros (Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse) in using Gnome3 as the default DE for the next LTS (18.04)..

Since the announcement, many Unity users & contributors shared the willing to maintain the Unity8 code, some folks already forked Unity8 and they started it as *Yunit*..

So, the Yunit project is looking for a logo, if you are a designer and like to contribute go ahead and read more about this on this blog post[0]

Also, they're looking and welcoming contributors and testers, if you like Unity and want to get a working version of Unity8 soon, you can join them and contribute.. You'll find all needed information in their website[1]

[0] https://yunit.io/yunit-logo-contest/
[1] https://yunit.io/

Regards,
*El Achèche ANIS**
*
*An Ubuntu-tn Member & Events Team Coordinator*
*Official Ubuntu Member **|** Member @CLibre.tn| SysAdmin @ApptivIT*
*elacheche@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:elacheche@xxxxxxxxxx> |# whoami <http://wiki.ubuntu.com/elacheche>
**/"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy
/*