ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: UDS - O Equipment List

On 04/06/2011 01:00 PM, Pete Graner wrote:
Hi Folks,

Well its that time of the year again.

With great thanks to Marianna & Michelle, we have confirmed equipment
for the jam.

Below you'll find the list of equipment for *Friday* night. The only
thing missing is the Guitars (not Bass guitar, we are hiring that).
Since quite a few people bring them we didn't bother hiring them.

Personally I'm bringing an Acoutic/Electric & my Epiphone Special. If
you plan on bringing any instruments please reply to this list with what
so we have an idea and can form backup plans if needed.

Also if you know of anyone who plays and will be at UDS that is on on
the list please ask them to join.

So what about *practice", we have a practice room at the venu and have
arrange for a two channel 50+ watt amp to be there. JFo is bringing an 8
channel mixer, I'm bringing two microphones & stands and my electric
drum kit. I hear tell that Hugh is brining some sort of keyboard like
thing. The plan is to use the mixer for mics/keys/drums/other on channel
one of the amp. Channel two is for the bass. This will allow us to at
least jam the nights we are there.

The rough plan for Friday's Jam is.

We have rented a night club nearby the hotel:
http://www.orfeumclub.hu/index.php?page=galeria&lang=_eng

Holy smoke! When you told me you were renting a club, I had this vision of a grungy basement dive bar.

This is a full-on discotheque with a light rig and everything! Somebody please tell me they have a smoke machine. We can wear capes and play 2112. Pete, you'll need to polish up your drum chops. :)

--Brent

The rental company will set up the equip and we well drop in as soon as
the last session of UDS is over to sound check/practice.

More details will follow as we get them.

Here is the equip we've hired for the show:

* Drums Tama Superstar Custom
* Cymbals Sabian B8
* Keyboard Yamaha Motif 8 Workstation
* Guitar Amp 1 Fender Twin Reverb w/ 2ch input
* Guitar Amp 2 Marshall 6100 w/ cabinet 3ch
* Guitar Amp 3 Marshall Valvestate w/ cabinet
* Bass Amp Marshall 200W Integrated Bass System Combo
* PA 3000W power, JBL+ subs, Mackie 32ch mixing board, 4 monitors +
cables, diboxes
* Bass Guitar Fender Percussion Bass Guitar
* Mic 8 Shure SM 58 inc. cables and stands

Thanks

~pete

--
Brent Fox