ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu guitar picks for UDS

On 04/06/2011 02:27 PM, Steve Conklin wrote:
I had a fun idea for UDS (and after).

This is aimed at the guitar players . . .

I'd like to make an order for printed Ubuntu guitar picks,
with the Ubuntu name and circle of friends on opposite sides.

I'll get black picks with white ink if I can but the lead
time on those may be too long for UDS. If I can't get those,
it'll be white picks and black ink.

This will be a blast at UDS, we can throw picks to the crowd!

There's no Canonical funding for this so I figure I'll ask
anyone interested to throw in a few bucks and I'll divide
the picks roughly along what's contributed.

Standard shape - everyone let me know your preference -
light, medium, heavy, extra heavy

I'll only place one order for the most common choice.

I figure if we can get 5-6 people in at $20 each then
I can order 200 2-sided picks, about 50 cents/pick.
So each $20 will get you about 40 picks.

I think that me, Pete, Tony and Jono are already in.

Yep and heavy for me.

~pete

Who else is in?

Steve