ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: Thanks!

On May 14, 2011, at 08:19 PM, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>Thanks to everyone who helped make the music happen last night.  It was a
>joy to listen to you, and to perform with you.
>
>I can only repeat the immortal words of our Hungarian road crew:
>
>"Ubuntu party is awesome!"

I wholeheartedly concur!  I think it was the best all-star jam yet.  I was
especially happy that I think everyone who wanted to play did get a chance
to.  At least nobody complained to me that they felt left out.

Despite not having a bass until Friday, I think the key was announcing several
times that if you wanted to play you had to come to rehearsal.  We did
unfortunately have to drop one song, but I think everything else went really
smoothly.  It was great to see the Ubuntu Way embodied in the spirit of the
jam.

Matt, it has always been a blast sharing a stage with you.  Your presence at
future jams will of course still be required, no matter where you land. :)  I
mean, c'mon, you and Claire's semi-annual duet on Faith is a UDS classic!

-Barry