ubuntu-allstars team mailing list archive

Re: Thanks!

On 05/14/2011 03:19 PM, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
Thanks to everyone who helped make the music happen last night.  It was a
joy to listen to you, and to perform with you.

I can only repeat the immortal words of our Hungarian road crew:

"Ubuntu party is awesome!"

+1000

I just wanted to say thanks to all involved as well! It was one of our best shows to date. A few comments:

1. The laminates and backstage passes were awesome!!!  Thanks Steve & Amber!

2. The picks, although heavier than I usually play with, were super-cool too ( and the mic stands look awesome in the photos with the rows of picks ). Again, thanks Steve!

3. During the week, I recall being puzzled by Leanne rolling a suitcase into rehearsal one night...until she unzipped it, and it was full of beers!

4. Even funnier was the second suitcase full of beer being unzipped in front of the hotel's bar manager! ;)

5. Amazingly, we didn't play "Whiskey" or "Wonderwall" ( I'm sure there are others, but these were *really* getting old ).

6. Thanks to Stefan, Oliver and Steve for making sure the actual show was run like a real show, and for recording. Look forward to hearing it!

7. Luke, Seth, Robert, and Dustin... thanks for playing "High & Dry" with me. That's the first time I've ever played that onstage, and it still gives me chills. If only Natty hadn't crashed mid-song... ;(

Finally, I think we really were able to reach a balance of having a good show, and involving all who wanted to participate this time around. There were rough moments during the week, but it all came together in the end with the spirit of Ubuntu.

Rock On!
/tony