ubuntu-answer team mailing list archive

Ubuntu Answer Teams Merger

Hi all,

There are currently two launchpad teams centered around people helping
answer questions at answers.launchpad.net for Ubuntu.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-answer
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-answers

About a week ago, I emailed the owners of both teams, suggesting that we
come up with a plan to merge the two teams.  The owner of the second
team in the list, likes the idea of a merger and made me the owner of
the team to speed the process along.  The owner of the second team has
not yet responded to my emails.

I have done a good amount of work on answers.launchpad.net and think
that those contributing could benefit from a more unified community of
contributors.  Merging these two teams would hopefully be the first step
in creating a more active community of answer contributors.

I have cross-posted this email to the mailing lists of both teams to
gauge whether others want such a merger.  If there is no interest I'll
be happy to suspend my efforts.  So, is there interest in such a
merger?

Sincerely,

Steven Danna