appstore and i18n

Hello everybody,

there was just a brief discussion about how we are going to support
internationalisation in the appstore. Here's a very short summary.

Regarding click-package itself:
 - There's a TODO item to support i18n'ed meta-data. Colin does
   not expect it to be too much work.

Regarding the app store:
 - Translations of package descriptions are to be done on
   the web-site, updates of the descriptions as well.
 - We let app authors manage translations - give them control
   over it.
 - Updating a description or a translations won't require the
   app author to re-upload (and thus push a new version to
   users) of the package just for an updated description
   translation or string
 - There's the slight disadvantage that descriptions in
   the app vs web-site get out of sync.

Unrelated, but "regionalised filtering" functionality is in place already.

Ratings & Reviews already supports i18n'ed comments. No changes there.

Martin Albisetti took an action to have a chat with Roberto Alsinha
about support in the client tools.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+