Re: Expected maximum size of click packages

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Martin Albisetti <
martin.albisetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Sidnei da Silva
> <sidnei.da.silva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On our initial implementation of the click packages file storage, we're
> > going to be using Swift for the storage backend. The simplest form of the
> > API, which we're currently using, has a maximum limit of 5Gb per request.
> >
> > The question is: will 5Gb be enough, or should we start planning for
> larger
> > objects, by using the Large Object API [1] instead.
> >
> > [1]
> >
> http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-object-storage/1.0/content/large-object-creation.html
>

> 5Gb should be enough for now, absolutely.
>
> If in the future we decide we need larger file support, what does the
> migration path work look like?
>

>From what I can tell, it should be straightforward. We'd upload in multiple
parts, create a manifest and just store the id of the manifest instead of
the id of what was previously a single upload. When fetching from the
manifest the pieces are pierced together, so the download part doesn't
change.

--
Sidnei

Make the most of Ubuntu with Ubuntu One