Re: [packagekit] D-Bus API for Click Packages (PackageKit/AptDaemon)

Hi!
I just want to note that the Listaller Project[1] is already doing
what is descibed in the first mail. It hooks into PackageKit using a
plugin and allows managing Listaller software via the standard
PackageKit interfaces (some internal PK API has been changed some time
ago to make this work, but that was all).
Therefore, I don't think that PK would need any new API for Ubuntu
support, I would even be clearly against adding dedicated API for that
use-case (unless there is a good reason for it, which I fail to see at
time). Maybe we can create some kind of synergy between Listaller and
the Ubuntu stuff, but I currently fail to see why API changes would be
necessary, since Listaller already proves by example that changes are
not required (LI does not work with Aptdaemon, since it needs PK's
internal C API)
Cheers,
   Matthias

P.S: @Sebastian: OT question: Why does Ubuntu need sessioninstaller,
if they could simply use gnome-packagekit-session instead? (just out
of curiousity)

[1]: http://listaller.tenstral.net/