Re: Summary of my understandings

On 13-07-11 01:26 PM, Colin Watson wrote:

>>> You must not rely on this directory.  It may change, particularly to
>>> support things like non-removable preinstalled apps in the system
>>> partition, or other cases of OEM apps.
>>
>> We need to have predefined paths for AppArmor profiles.
>
> Could you expand on that?

For example, our AppArmor template files which we use for profile generation by
the hook contains paths such as:

  /opt/click.ubuntu.com/@{APPNAME}/@{APPVERSION}/**/ r,

I'd be more comfortable security-wise knowing of a few alternate installation
directories rather then making the installation directory itself a dynamic
element that is handled by the hook.

Marc.