Re: Summary of my understandings

On 13-07-11 05:43 PM, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> On 07/11/2013 12:38 PM, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
>>>
>>> You must not rely on this directory.  It may change, particularly to
>>> support things like non-removable preinstalled apps in the system
>>> partition, or other cases of OEM apps.
>>>

>> Not having a predictable location breaks application confinement. We necessarily
>> need to know where apps are going to be installed. This can be solved by having
>> different templates for the different install locations. It can also be solved
>> by saying these apps don't use application confinement.
>>

> Actually, we have some flexibility here because of aa-clicktool. The manifest
> could specify "click_dir" (could be named anything) like so:

We shouldn't put directories in the manifest file, as that will prevent us from
changing click package locations in the future if we need to.

Also, it adds even more complexity to the verification we need to do when
packages get uploaded.

I'd really prefer having a couple of well-known install locations rather than
making this dynamic.

Marc.