App Review Shifts

Hello everybody,

with the appstore opening in alpha stage soon, it's important we figure
out how the reviews are going to take place until we have the process
more automated. This will be a good learning experience for us, what we
can automate, what common problems are, how much time it all takes and
where across all teams needs to be fixed to make things scale up to
bazillions of apps.

In many calls and discussions we've had folks signalled, they'd be happy
to help in this first stage. Unfortunately I didn't note down names (or
make people sign contracts with their own blood), so this mail should be
a general roll call.

Let's try to fill a schedule across all of the week and spend some time
each to go through the queue.

Would the following work for you?

 - Monday:    Community (+ SDK?) team
 - Tuesday:   Security team
 - Wednesday: Click (or *dation) team
 - Thursday:  OLS Server team
 - Friday:    OLS Client team

If you feel like your team is maxed out or there's no suitable
candidates, please speak up now. Also please suggest some names, so we
roughly know who's on the hook.

It should be interesting to rotate the duty, take notes on

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppStore/Decisions/ReviewRequirements

and collect tips, improve our review notes and script what we can to
have the process automated in the near future.

Even though automating the review process is the immediate goal, I'm
sure this learning experience is going to help in the larger project, so
SDK bits can be improved, and many other bits and pieces as well.

For the Community team I'd volunteer myself, David and Michael (right
guys?).

I'm super excited about us opening the gates soon. Let's make this
wonderful world of Ubuntu apps happen!

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
Follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/G+

Follow ups