Re: Webapps confinement & click package story

On 13-09-06 04:23 PM, Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> As for different people uploading different versions of the facebook app, that
> was part of what I was getting at when I brought up phishing in the wiki. I
> think we can make this a point for appstore policy/procedures and can automate
> this to an extent since we already have namespace checks in the appstore. For
> webapps it would be possible to extend those to also match the url. Ie, we
> redflag under various conditions. Eg for a google calendar app
> (https://www.google.com/calendar):
>  1. appstore developer must have an email address with @google.com
>  2. maintainer field in click package must have an email address with
>     @google.com
>  3. package name in manifest must be com.google....
>  4. package name in DEBIAN/control must match that in manifest
>  5. Url in .desktop file must be a subdomain of google.com

Upstream web developers can already host the proper javascript with unity
integration on their website. In fact, I hope this is what we'll encourage them
to do.

I assume the webapps click packages will only be for third party developers who
want to enable integration for web sites who aren't interested in supporting
Ubuntu directly. In this case, checking for their email domain probably won't work.

Marc.