Changing an apps fully-qualified name before publishing

Hi,

Martin mentioned that the current inability to change our namespace
when uploading our first app is causing issues (and I see Daniel
created a related bug yesterday too [1]). I'd like to address that,
but want to make sure I've understood the constraints that we have and
fix it in a way that allows further improvements later.

AFAIK, the only real constraint that we need to have is that once
published, the  fully-qualified name of an application
(com.example.myapp) cannot change.

(therefore subsequent versions of the app will always have the same FQN too).

That said, AFAIK, as a dev I should still be able to (or eventually be able to):
 a. change the FQN of an app before it is published for the first time,
 b. publish one app with com.ubuntu.developer.my.login.name.myapp [1],
and then after the success of my first app, publish a second app using
my own domain com.example.my2ndapp
 c. allow other devs access to a namespace (so they can upload new
versions, add new apps etc., as per a previous thread)
 * ?? Any more you can think of?

I'm only going to tackle a. above at the moment, but would like to do
so without making b. and c. difficult later.

Let me know if I've missed any constraints or things that a dev should
be able to do.

Thanks!
-Michael

[1] Daniel added https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1223978 recently,
suggesting that we should suggest a standard
com.ubuntu.developer...... namespace initially, while still allowing
people to override and add their own namespace.

Follow ups